Shademakers have taken over management of The Depozitory in Ryde.
Artists Studios are available to hire for £200 per month inclusive of wifi and bills.
Short term bookings are available too.
For further details contact: email@example.com or call 01983 856168 and leave a message.
CREATIVE MAKING SPACE
In conjunction with the Makers’ Guild Portsmouth we are developing a Creative Makers’ Space for the Isle of Wight.
Our main objective is to provide a community makers’ space
– Artists & Makers
– Students & Graduates
– The wider community
Providing them with:
– Dedicated studio workstations
– Flexible hot desk workspace
– Access to tools & machinery
– Digital fabrication services (3D printing & Laser cutting)
– Shared meeting & discussion area
– Exhibition and display space
– Project Storage
– Access to materials and parts
– An ethos of collaboration
– A facility to stimulate STEM subjects
– A space for events
– A group website
– Networking opportunities
– A base for buyers to commission work
About The Depozitory:
The Depozitory as it is known today was the old Wesleyan chapel of the northern circuit of Isle of Wight Wesleyan movement during the 19th century.
After it was de-consecrated and turned into a warehouse by the end of the first world war, it’s importance in the local community was diminished and by the late 1980/90s it was on the verge of being converted to a multiple flat residential property.
The building is now restored and we aim to keep it in community use with a focus on the Arts, so that local people, including artists and makers, can enjoy the benefits of working in a building of historic importance and beauty.